2010 Dodge Nitro
2010 Dodge Nitro ignites Mid-size SUV Segment
- Interactive Decel Fuel Shut Off (iDFSO) with 3.7-liter and 4-speed transmission
- Fuel-saver with "ECO" lamp indicator in cluster
- Standard front-row Active Head Restraints
- Standard air filtration system
- Six speakers (SE and SXT)
- Power-heated manual folding mirrors (SE and SXT)
- New Premium cloth seat trim with stain-repel seat fabric (SE and SXT model)
- Available new leather seat trim (SXT model)
- Standard body-colored grille with bright billets, body-colored sills and front air dam (SXT model)
- Express-up front-passenger window (SXT model)
- Security alarm (SXT model)
- Light Sandstone Metallic replaces Light Graystone Peal Coat exterior color
- New Pastel Pebble Beige interior (SXT)
- New Dark Pebble Beige interior (SE model)
Dodge Nitro is Dodge’s first mid-size SUV. With its bold styling and aggressive stance, Dodge Nitro is unlike any other mid-size SUV in the marketplace. For 2010, Dodge will offer two models – Dodge Nitro SE and SXT.
New for 2010 is interactive Decel Fuel Shut Off (iDFSO). iDFSO turns off fuel during vehicle deceleration, which improves fuel economy. This feature, standard on 3.7- and 4.0-liter engines, improves fuel economy without any noticeable changes in engine performance. In addition, the new Fuel-saver indicator displays when the vehicle is driven in a fuel-efficient manner, providing drivers with continuous fuel-consumption feedback.
The standard 3.7-liter V-6 engine on the 2010 Dodge Nitro SE and SXT models produce 210 hp (157 kW) @ 5,200 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) of torque @ 4,000 rpm. An exhaust-gas recirculation valve helps increase fuel economy.
The 4.0-liter V-6 engine is optional on Dodge Nitro SXT. The engine delivers 260 hp (194 kW) @ 6,000 rpm and 265 lb.-ft. (359 N•m) of torque @ 4,200 rpm.
The 2010 Dodge Nitro features a coil-spring independent front suspension and a five-link, coil-spring rear suspension. The independent front suspension gives the driver an optimum combination of ride, handling and steering, which provides a greater sense of control and precision. The solid five-link rear suspension, including upper and lower trailing links and track bar, provides higher lateral stiffness for vehicle responsiveness and outstanding handling.
A performance suspension is optional on Dodge Nitro SXT. This suspension emphasizes responsive, fun-to-drive handling accompanied by a firm ride.
Dodge Nitro features a part-time four-wheel-drive system. Two-wheel- and four-wheel-drive lock modes are electronically controlled by a switch in the center console, which may be selected at any time with the part-time four-wheel drive system.
From a safety standpoint, four-wheel-disc anti-lock brakes (ABS), Brake Assist, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Brake Assist, Electronic-roll Mitigation (ERM) and All-speed traction control are standard.
AT A GLANCE
Bold, powerful, street-smart design statement ignites mid-size SUV segment
- Dodge Nitro’s design is unlike any other mid-size SUV. Dodge Nitro’s bold styling and aggressive stance are what make the vehicle stand out in a crowd
- Signature Dodge crosshair grille, high beltline and strong wheel forms establish the vehicle’s confidence
Dodge Nitro is the first mid-size SUV for Dodge
- As the first mid-size SUV for the brand, Dodge Nitro personifies the bold, powerful and street-smart attitude of Dodge
- Dodge Nitro continues the brand’s history of creating game-changing products and features Five-passenger Dodge Nitro designed to attract customers seeking distinctive style, sporty performance and cargo flexibility
- The interior of the five-passenger Dodge Nitro is spacious, functional and flexible for people and cargo
- Dodge Nitro has innovative cargo seating flexibility and fold-flat front-passenger and second-row seats. Second-row seats recline for added passenger comfort
- Two Dodge Nitro models – Nitro SE and Nitro SXT
- Dodge Nitro SXT’s optional 4.0-liter SOHC V-6 engine, performance suspension and 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels and performance tires redefine the mid-size SUV driving experience
- Dodge Nitro has optional towing package capable of towing up to 5,000 lbs
- Options include power sun roof, leather seats, heated front seats, remote start, ParkSense® rear-park assist, Uconnect™ Phone, eight premium speakers, subwoofer and 368-watt amplifier, Uconnect Navigation
Excellent acceleration, braking and handling
- 2010 Dodge Nitro features a performance suspension for improved cornering and increased traction and an independent front and five-link rear suspension system
- Two V-6 engines are offered:
- 3.7-liter SOHC V-6 delivers 210 hp (157 kW) @ 5,200 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (360 N•m) of torque @ 4,000 rpm
- 4.0-liter SOHC V-6 delivers 260 hp (194 kW) @ 6,000 rpm and 265 lb.-ft. (359 N•m) of torque @ 4,200 rpm
- Standard safety and security features include Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Brake assist, all-speed traction control, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Electronic-roll Mitigation (ERM), front-row active head restraints and front and side-curtain air bags
- The part time 4WD system operates in 2WD and 4WD lock. The 2WD position is for normal driving and achieves optimal fuel economy. It’s front drive-shaft is disengaged from the trasfer case and power is directed to the rear wheels. The 4WD lock position locks the front and rear wheels together and forces the front and rear wheels to rotate at the same speed. This position is intended for loose or slippery road surfaces only.
2009 MODEL YEAR
- TorRed Clear Coat
- Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat
- Floor mats standard on all models
- Standard Auto Unlock at exit
- Rear dome lamp standard on all models
- Remote express-open front windows standard on SLT and R/T models
- Standard automatic transmission
- Retuned muffler on 4.0L V-6 engine
- Stiffer rear axle shafts for more precise, linear vehicle handling
- Retuned springs, shocks, anti-roll bars, steering gear valve and stiffer rear axles improve steering and handling
- Retuned booster, low rollback calipers and revised brake pedal ratio improve brake pedal feel
- Uconnect Navigation (which includes auto-dimming rearview mirror with microphone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio and Uconnect Phone)
- Rear DVD Entertainment System (which includes gaming system and wireless headphones)
- Trailer Tow Group (which includes heavy-duty engine cooling, power steering cooler, Class III receiver hitch, four-pin connector wiring and full-size spare tire)
- Premium Sound Group (which includes Infinity® speakers and subwoofer plus 6-disc CD radio)
- Convenience Group (which includes ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System, Remote Start and uconnect phone)
2008 MODEL YEAR
- Body-color fascia, flares and body-side molding (SXT C Package, 2009 known as SE )
- Three new colors: Brilliant Black Pearl Coat, Light Graystone Pearl Coat, Modern Blue Clear Coat
- Two-tone seats with a choice of Inferno Red, Electric Blue or Sunburst Orange seat inserts on R/T model
- Trailer-Sway Control System
- ParkSense® Rear-Park Assist System
- Travel Group: Trailer tow, security alarm and full-size spare
- Convenience Group: Remote Start, ParkSense® Rear-Park Assist System, Uconnect
- Premium Sound Package: Six-disc CD/AM/FM radio, six premium speakers with subwoofer
2007 MODEL YEAR
- Initial introduction as a 2007 model