Cruisin’ in a "Moparized" Chrysler PT Cruiser
- Mopar® offers more than 50 accessories to help owners customize their Chrysler PT Cruiser
- Mopar offers added cargo capability with removable roof-rack carriers, including cargo carrier, water sports carrier, bike carrier, and ski and snowboard carrier
- Mopar’s chromed fuel-filler door, exhaust tip and 16-inch wheels enhance Chrysler PT Cruiser’s head-turning design
- Mopar’s vehicle-specific hitch receiver adds capability, maximizing Chrysler PT Cruiser’s 1,000-lb. towing capability
- Mopar technology keeps passengers connected with Uconnect™ Web, Uconnect Phone and interface module for iPod®
- Best-selling Mopar accessory for Chrysler PT Cruiser are premium carpeted floor mats, which provide a first-class look with embroidered Chrysler emblem and plush 24-oz. carpeting
- A complete list of authentic Mopar accessories and performance parts for all Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge Car and Dodge Ram vehicles is available at www.mopar.com
Auburn Hills, Mich., Oct 7, 2009 -
With its industry-leading quality and iconic heritage-style design, Chrysler PT Cruiser is in a segment of its own—and with authentic Mopar® accessories, customers can take PT Cruiser’s versatility and individuality to the next level.
“With its iconic styling and versatile interior, we have sold more than 1.3 million Chrysler PT Cruisers worldwide,” said Pietro Gorlier, President & Chief Executive Officer, Mopar Service, Parts & Customer Care. “At Mopar, we can further enhance Chrysler PT Cruiser with more than 50 factory-designed and quality-tested accessories.”
With the arrival of the new 2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic, Mopar is offering customers a catalog of accessories that will make their PT Cruiser one-in-a-million.
Following are Mopar’s most popular accessories to customize, individualize and maximize Chrysler PT Cruiser:
1. Chromed Wheels: With Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic’s chrome-accented grille, door handles and body-side accents, these 16-inch wheels complete the vehicle’s chromed-out appearance. Designed to the PT Cruiser’s exact specifications, Mopar’s chromed wheels feature a five-spoke design and are crafted to provide a long-lasting shine. MSRP: $295.00 each
2. Roof-mounted Water Sports Carrier: Cruising to the lake for some soaked-filled fun in your Chrysler PT Cruiser just got better now that the kayak or sailboard can come along. Mopar’s water sports carrier features easy push-button strap attachments for quick dismount at the beach. This roof-mounted carrier requires Mopar Sport-utility Bars. MSRP:
- Roof-mounted Water Sports Carrier: $120.00
- Sport-utility Bars: $222.00
3. Roof-mounted Bike Carriers: Mopar’s bike carrier accommodates virtually all types of modern bike designs and is available in two designs: the fork-mounted design carries one bike securely by the front fork and rear wheel, while the upright-mounted design holds one bike locked by the frame with both wheels secured. Both roof-mounted carriers feature extra-large rubber inserts to protect bike surfaces and mount to Mopar Sport-utility Bars. MSRP:
- Roof-mounted Bike Carrier, Fork-mounted: $172.00
- Roof-mounted Bike Carrier, Upright-mounted: $223.00
- Sport-utility Bars: $222.00
4. Roof-top Cargo Carrier: The roof-top cargo carrier offers 12 cu. ft. of additional space for luggage and other items. Built from weatherproof black nylon, Mopar’s roof-top cargo carrier is designed to be tough, with its four tie-down adjustable straps, covered zipper openings and sealed seams. This roof-mounted carrier requires Mopar Sport-utility Bars. MSRP:
- Roof-top Cargo Carrier: $233.00
- Sport-utility Bars: $222.00
5. Roof-mounted Ski and Snowboard Carrier: For fun on the slopes, Mopar’s roof-mounted ski and snowboard carrier carries up to six pairs of skis or four snowboards, or a combination of the two. Built from anodized aluminum, Mopar’s ski and snowboard carrier also features corrosion-resistant lock covers and a driver- and passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading. This roof-mounted carrier requires Mopar Sport-utility Bars. MSRP:
- Roof-mounted Ski and Snowboard Carrier: $150.00
- Sport-utility Bars: $222.00
6. Hitch Receiver: Maximizing Chrysler PT Cruiser’s versatility and hauling capability is a hitch receiver capable of 1,000-lbs. of towing capability. In addition to hauling small trailers, it also accommodates the easy-to-use Mopar hitch-mounted bike carrier with carrying capacity for up to two bikes. MSRP:
- Hitch Receiver: $252.00
- Hitch-mounted Two-bike Carrier: $243.00
7. Uconnect Web: Mopar’s Uconnect Web system keeps passengers connected between destinations with high-speed WiFi and 3G cellular connectivity for a new level of wireless technology. The system transforms the Chrysler PT Cruiser into a mobile “hot spot” and provides instant access to websites, e-mail, personalized music, online gaming, photo albums and more. MSRP: $499.00
8. Uconnect Phone: Promoting safety, freedom and hands-free flexibility, this voice-controlled wireless communication system allows operation between mobile phones and Chrysler PT Cruiser’s onboard receiver. MSRP: $282.00
9. Interface Module for iPod: Using an occupant’s iPod loaded with favorite tunes, this interface allows playback through Chrysler PT Cruiser’s audio system. iPod music file navigation is controlled through the iPod’s controls. MSRP: $113.00
10. Chromed Fuel-filler Door: Adding extra character to the iconic PT Cruiser design, the chromed fuel-filler door adds extra flare and style. Designed with six-rivet accents and crated to PT Cruiser’s unique body lines, the chromed fuel-filler door is a great upgrade from the standard body-color door. MSRP: $88.50
11. Chromed Exhaust Tip: Complementing the rear-end design of the Chrysler PT Cruiser, the chromed exhaust tip adds a touch of sophistication. The chromed tip is rigorously tested to withstand corrosion for a long-lasting shine. MSRP: $65.15
12. Premium Carpet Floor Mats: With Chrysler PT Cruiser’s heritage-inspired interior design and versatile cargo space, Mopar’s premium floor mats help protect the vehicle’s carpet while delivering an upscale look and feel. This best-selling Mopar accessory includes four mats constructed with plush 24-oz. color-matched carpet, an embroidered Chrysler winged badge and binding available in four accented colors: Brilliant Black, Inferno Red, Bright Silver and Stone White. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): $77.60
About 2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic
The new 2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic combines the iconic heritage-styled design, efficient passenger cabin space, fuel-efficient four-cylinder powertrain and industry-leading quality in a new model loaded with legendary value. In commemorating nearly a decade of the PT “Personal Transportation” Cruiser’s timeless design, the new Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic embodies the romance of American automotive heritage, styling, versatility and convenience features that made Chrysler PT Cruiser an instant hit.
High quality, craftsmanship, performance and functionality continue to give the award-winning Chrysler PT Cruiser a leg up on the competition. For years, leading consumer magazines and third-party studies have recommended Chrysler PT Cruiser for its high levels of quality and refinement. In fact, the PT Cruiser tied for first place in J.D. Power’s 2009 Initial Quality Survey (IQS). The U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic is $18,275 (including $720 destination)
Mopar distributes approximately 280,000 parts and accessories in more than 90 countries and is the source for all original equipment parts for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge Car and Dodge Ram vehicles. Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered by the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide.
More than 70 Years of Mopar
When Chrysler bought Dodge in 1928, the need for a dedicated parts manufacturer, supplier and distribution system to support the growing enterprise led to the formation of the Chrysler Motor Parts Corporation (CMPC) in 1929.
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for a line of antifreeze products in 1937. It also was widely used as a moniker for the CMPC. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960’s – the muscle car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use.