SRT Motorsports - Nationwide Advance - Michigan
SAM HORNISH JR.
– No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger
Crew Chief: Chad Walter
Top Fives: 4
Top 10s: 11
Laps Led: 154
2012 Season Stats:
Top Fives: 2
Top 10s: 5
Laps Led: 39
• Fourth in Nationwide standings, 50 points behind leader Elliott Sadler and 28 ahead of fifth-place Justin Allgaier.
• Two previous NNS starts at MIS (2007, 2011). Started second and led one lap last June at the two-mile superspeedway.
• Has 243 points in superspeedway races, fourth-best among series regulars – plus four top-10 finishes.
• Has completed all but one lap in 12 races this season (2,341 of 2,343 possible laps, 99.91 percent).
– No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Crew Chief: Jeremy Bullins
Top Fives: 79
Top 10s: 109
Laps Led: 7
2012 Season Stats:
Top Fives: 6
Top 10s: 6
Laps Led: 138
• Won in most recent NNS start at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
• Has now won at least one race five consecutive seasons (2008-present).
• Has two wins and three top 10s in five NNS starts at MIS.
“I feel like the Nationwide race at Michigan is going to be crazy and that it might be one of the best races of the year for any of the series. It’s just like a restrictor plate race, so it should be crazy. I can’t wait.”
-- Brad Keselowski
“I’ve been told it’s going to be faster and Chad (Walter, crew chief) thinks the Nationwide race is going to be a lot more like Daytona than Michigan. I really liked Phoenix when they repaved it, so maybe I’ll feel the same way about Michigan when we go up there.”
--Sam Hornish Jr.
MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY NUMBERS
• Dodge has two wins at MIS (Brad Keselowski 2010 and Ryan Newman in 2005). Keselowski also has a win (2009) at the Irish Hills track prior to joining the Dodge ranks.
• At least one Dodge driver has scored a top 10 finish in the last three consecutive NNS races at MIS.
• There have been 20 NNS races at MIS, the first in 1992.
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES
• Dodge is fielding two full-time entries in the series this year. Sam Hornish Jr. is competing for the series championship while Brad Keselowski and Parker Kligerman are sharing the driving duties in the second Penske Racing entry.
• Dodge claimed its first NASCAR championship in 2010 when Penske Racing’s Brad Keselowski captured the driver’s title.
• Dodge has 42 wins in the series including seven in each of the last two seasons. The first Nationwide Series win came in 2002. In 2005, Dodge had 11 wins in the series. A Dodge has started from the pole 48 times.
• A Dodge driver has finished 10th or better in seven of the previous 11 races at MIS.
FROM THE CREW CHIEF
“It’ll be really interesting to see what the Nationwide cars do there because we’re horsepower and drag limited more so than the phenomenal test speeds that the Cup cars saw there about a month or so ago. I love racing up there. I think it’s a beautiful part of the country and the fans are great.”
-- Chad Walter, Crew Chief, No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger